(11-23) 11:54 PST -- Here is my [Michael Friedenberg] countdown of the top 10 trends to watch in 2010:
10. Social media is a reality. Drives more GRC headaches as we see it unfold on Facebook.
9. Desktop in question. Win7, desktop virtualization, netbooks, thin-client, refresh cycle. Who wins?
8. Where will nxt Heartland-style breach hit? How safe R U?
7. IT budgets flat in the U.S. but "flat is the new up."
6. Windows 7 exceeds expectations, Vista just a bad memory. Did it really happen?
5. SaaS, cloud, virt, open source, social media, netbooks, mobile, etc. offer new alternatives, gain broad acceptance.