Consider Robert Chatwani as a case in point. Chatwani is co-founder of eBay’s WorldofGood.com, a marketplace for socially and environmentally responsible shopping. Last fall, Chatwani was appointed director of global citizenship at eBay, which put him in charge of the five signature programs in eBay’s global citizenship portfolio:
- World of Good.com by eBay
- eBay Giving Works, a cause-related marketing platform where sellers and buyers can use their transactions on eBay to benefit charities. There are 21,000 nonprofits in this program, and in 2009 more than $55 million was raised for nonprofits.
- MicroPlace, a micro-finance platform. MicroPlace helps alleviate global poverty by enabling everyday people to make investments in the world’s working poor, with as little as $20.
- eBay Green Team, an online community of hundreds of thousands of members who are engaged on topics of buying, selling, and thinking about green and sustainability.
- eBay Foundation, the first corporate foundation started with pre-IPO eBay stock.
To read the full, original article click on this link: Babson Executive Education | Thought Leadership | Babson Insight | Articles | Leadership at eBay
Author: Cheryl Kiser, managing director of the Lewis Initiative at Babson College