The world's most innovative communities share their secrets at at Building the Broadband Economy 2010, New York City, 19-21 May
On May 19-21, the leaders of ICF's Top Seven Intelligent Communities will share success stories from around the world in creating and retaining the talent that powers an innovation economy. At the annual Building the Broadband Economy summit in New York City, you will hear from speakers including:
- Premier Shawn Graham of New Brunswick, Canada
- Christopher Zimmerman, Vice Chairman of the Board, Arlington County, Virginia, USA
- Mayor Larry O'Brien of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Mike Galloway, Director of City Development, Dundee, Scotland, UK
- Professor Cheol-Soo Park, SungKyunKwan University
- Dave Carter, Head, Manchester Digital Development Agency, Manchester UK
- Dana McDaniel, Deputy City Manager, Dublin, Ohio, USA
- J.M.L.N. Mikkers, Mayor of Veldhoven in the Eindhoven Region of the Netherlands
- Anette Scheibe, CEO, Electrum Foundation & Kista Science City AB, Stockholm Sweden
In 2010, the BBE summit theme is about talent and how to keep it. In today's Broadband Economy, communities must continually raise the skill levels of citizens at all ages and in all walks of life. But investments in education pay no dividends to the community if the people with new skills cannot find desirable and challenging work in the local economy. You will hear from Smart21 and Top Seven Intelligent Community leaders who have grappled with this challenge and developed innovative strategies to close the education "last mile."
An exclusive, invitational event produced by the Intelligent Community Forum and the Polytechnic Institute of New York University, the summit attracts attendees from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. It is a unique opportunity to learn from the world’s most dynamic communities how to use information and communications technology to build prosperous, inclusive and sustainable communities.
The audience for BBE 2009 is limited to 300 attendees in order to provide the right environment to share knowledge and build relationships. Attendance is principally by invitation but a limited number of paid registrations are also available for Innovation America readers at a 20% discount. (Register under VIP Registration at www.icfsummit.com using VIP Code PTR2010.) Registration is now open. .
Intelligent Community Forum