PHILADELPHIA and LONDON, Jan. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
- 'Open Lab' established with $8m seed funding for new research
- 13,500 malaria compounds to be made freely available
- New collaborations to share intellectual property for neglected tropical diseases
- Pledge to create sustainable pricing model for world's most advanced malaria candidate vaccine
- GSK African Malaria Partnership awards four new grants worth $2.5m
Andrew Witty, Chief Executive of GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK), today announced a series of new initiatives targeted at further transforming the company's approach to diseases that disproportionately affect the world's poorest countries. His announcements build on commitments made in 2009 to work in partnership, expand access to medicines and encourage new research into neglected tropical diseases.